Promise Technology is committed to supporting the Linux operating environment and has more officially supported Linux distributions than any other RAID controller vendor.
Promise supports Linux across the SuperTrak EX RAID controllers. We provide support of the open source and Linux community through the following ways:
- Promise Technology RAID drivers are mainlined in the Linux kernel today from 2.6.19 and above
- We continue to embed our RAID drivers in future Linux kernel distributions including RedHat, OpenSUSE, and Fedora
- Other open source kernels and distributions are supported through our Open Source Linux and FreeBSD drivers.
"In the Box" Drivers
The STEX driver is available in Linux kernels 2.6.19 and above. Here are some examples of distros that have drivers "on the CD" or "In the Box"
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 and greater
- Open SUSE 10.3 and greater
- Fedora 9
- Miracle Linux 5
- Asianux server 3
The latest drivers are always available on our website.
*"Officially Supported" Linux distributions and versions are those tested at as a part of the vigorous validation process which occurs with every Promise driver release. Drivers that are "in the box" but are not listed as officially supported have not gone through our vigorous validation process at this time.