PROMISE Technology Enables Editing and Playback in Real Time of Uncompressed Video on Thunderbolt Equipped Macs
PROMISE Pegasus Thunderbolt and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 Bring Fast Performance to Video Projects Being Filmed and Edited on Multiple Sites, Transforming Workflow Efficiency
MILPITAS, Calif. – July 26, 2011 - PROMISE Technology Inc., a leading supplier of versatile RAID storage solutions catering to customers from enterprise to consumer, announced today that it is working with Adobe to improve the workflow of creative professionals. By interfacing Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS5.5 software with the newly introduced PROMISE Pegasus series of storage with Intel Thunderbolt™ Technology, users benefit from stunning performance as they edit video.
Recently, PROMISE demonstrated the Pegasus R6 connected to a MacBook running four streams of 10-bit uncompressed video using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, Adobe’s flagship video editing software along with Adobe After Effects® CS5.5 software for visual effects. Professionals benefit from breakthrough performance on workstations and laptops; streamlined collaboration; and boosted productivity with an efficient, robust, cross-platform editing workflow.
Benefits of using PROMISE Pegasus with Thunderbolt and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5
- Improved Workflow Efficiency ‒ Spend less time waiting for load time, more time on actual work;
- Real time Editing ‒ World’s first solution allows editing and playback in real time of uncompressed video (10-bit, 2K) on MacBook Pro & iMacs using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects;
- Screaming Performance ‒ Full length HD movies can be copied in seconds from one Pegasus to another or to the SAN with SANLink. This is especially important for video projects being filmed/edited on multiple sites; and,
- Easy Expansion ‒ Daisy chaining allows for up to 72TB with Pegasus.
“We are dedicated to helping our customers create, deliver and optimize content,” said Bill Roberts, director of product management for professional video and audio at Adobe. “With PROMISE’s Pegasus storage series along with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, our customers can experience improved workflow efficiency and breakthrough performance.”
“Adobe and PROMISE are driving innovation in the area of digital publishing,” said Alice Chang, CMO, PROMISE Technology. “With the introduction of Pegasus, creative professionals can radically improve the speed at which they work. With Adobe we are delivering stunning performance improvements that are keeping pace with the exciting advances the media and entertainment industry are experiencing.”
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 Highlights
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 software enables faster editing with true native format support. Users experience breakthrough performance on workstations and laptops, streamlined collaboration and increased productivity with an efficient, robust, cross-platform editing workflow.
PROMISE Pegasus Highlights
- Blistering Performance, Unparalleled Flexibility for Mac Professionals and Artists ‒ With over 800 MB/s of performance, amateur professionals, audio engineers, photographers and video post production engineers benefit from the extreme performance of Pegasus with Thunderbolt Technology;
- Easy to Use and Easy to Manage ‒ Pegasus comes preconfigured out of the box for fast, easy set-up to store music, photos, videos and documents or ingest and edit production video. Managing Pegasus is effortless with a new made for Mac OS X management software;
- Storage for the Digital Home ‒ With two channels of bi-directional 10 Gb/s performance, Thunderbolt Technology enables backups to happen while editing of videos or playlists is taking place. Pegasus provides massive storage space and fast performance;
- Ultra Quiet and Eco-Smart; and,
- Pegasus is RoHS Compliant ‒ In simple terms Pegasus is eco-friendly, keeping harmful lead out of the environment and our delicate ecosystems.
Visit www.promise.com/Pegasus to read more about the PROMISE Pegasus storage line.
Visit http://www.promise.com/SANLink to read more about the soon-to-be generally available PROMISE SANLink.
To read more about Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, visit: http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html.
About PROMISE Technology, Inc.
With a long history of innovation, PROMISE Technology develops and manufactures sophisticated RAID solutions recognized worldwide, ranging from a complete line of RAID controller cards to FC/iSCSI/SAS/SATA RAID subsystems. Catering to enterprise, mid-range, entry-level consumer data protection needs, PROMISE products are distinguished by their Unified Common RAID Core and management software and unparalleled support. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., PROMISE has operations throughout Asia and Europe. For more information, follow PROMISE on Twitter, Facebook and visit PROMISE Technology's website at www.promise.com.
© 2011 PROMISE Technology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. PROMISE, the PROMISE logo, VTrak, SmartStor, SuperTrak, FastTrak, VessRAID, Vess, PerfectPATH, PerfectRAID, SATA150, ULTRA133 VTrak S3000, BackTrak, HyperCache, HyperCache-R, HyperCache-W, DeltaScan, GreenRAID, Pegasus and SANLink are registered or pending trademarks of PROMISE Technology, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information regarding products, services and offerings may be superseded by subsequent documents and are subject to change without notice. For the latest information and specifications regarding PROMISE Technology, Inc. and any of its offerings or services, please contact your local PROMISE office or the corporate headquarters. Visit www.promise.com for more information on PROMISE products.
PROMISE Media Contacts